Sunday, July 02, 2006

Frankfurt: Brazil vs. France

Alors! I guess I missed the memo. The Brazil vs. France game was apparently the event that everyone between eight and fifty was supposed to have painted their faces for. Or at least be awash in the colors of their preferred team.

Although Brazil's the numero uno in terms of fan base, there were a surprising amount of Frenchies who, with 1/3 of their face painted white (ala the French flag), looked a lot like Marcelle Marceau.

But fear not, dear readers, both Kate and I refrained from squeezing in with the masses of drunken fans watching the game on a screen floating in the middle of Frankfurt's Main river. We watched safely from a nearby bridge and didn't communicate much with the assemblage. However, I did offer some Hershey's dark chocolate to a Frog who was watching the game next to me. He gratefully said merci, although I think he would've preferred some cheese.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin, only you and Antonio...going to sporting events and offering folks chocolate, UGH!! I will have to tell you Antonio's story when next we meet.