Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kate's in the States (for a few more hours)

Today marks the final day of my East-coast tour. In a few hours, my parents will drop me off at the airport, where I will catch a flight to Heathrow and from there to Frankfurt. Tears will fall when I say goodbye to my folks, though I have been constantly reminding them (and myself) that I will see them again in just over a week. Yes, they are coming to visit and it is going to be wonderful!

In the past two weeks I have seen and done a lot. I went to my parents' beach house in North Carolina for the first time in a long time. I love spending time at the beach, and this trip was as much fun as trips from my childhood. I must admit, it would have been more fun if Pecos was there, but Rudy and Jackson were there to fill my doggy-needs. And, yes, I did just mention Pec being there and not Justin, but in my defense, Justin does not enjoy the beach as much as Pecos.



Our days were filled with pancake breakfasts, walks, reading, swimming in the ocean, taking the dogs to the sound, and eating Blizzards from DQ. While there, we also celebrated my father's birthday, and I was very happy I could be with him on his birthday.
After leaving North Carolina, I returned to Maryland for a few days to relax, catch up on work, and have a dental procedure. It was fun.


I spent this past week in Atlanta. I was there for work, and I must say I had a great time. The people I was working with were wonderful, and the work I was doing was interesting. I really had an awesome trip and hope to go back again next year.

I returned to Maryland on Thursday (actually 3 am on Friday, but we're not talking about that) and have spent the past few days with my family. My mom and I attended the Bodies exhibit yesterday and it was really cool. I also got to eat a Chipotle burrito and I am debating bringing one on the plane for Justin. In a few minutes, we're going to head out for one final game of disc golf before I cross the pond again.


My sentiment now is the same as in January. I am excited to get back to Justin and Pecos, but I am sad to leave Mom, Dad, and Edward. Fortunately, I will see my parents again before I know it. I just wish I knew when I'd see Edward again.
Mom, if you're crying now, knock it off and go fret about packing for your trip here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you, I'll miss you. Great put on hole one today, btw.

Anonymous said...

I mean...putt.

Anonymous said...

It was a great visit and you got so much accomplished, visiting friends and family, working, and vacationing. It was wonderful to have you.

Love DC MOM