Saturday, September 08, 2012

Dutch Wonderful



A few weekends ago I met a prince ... who from the looks of this picture had some bad news to tell me. Perhaps he wanted to remind me that I don't really like amusement park rides. I get nauseated very easily ... but every time I see the teacups I think, "No, I'll be fine. They're teacups." And then once the rotating mixes with the revolving, I'm a wimpy, quivering puddle of gross. Unfortunately, I tried the teacups again (called the "Turtle Whirl." Fortunately, we were at Dutch Wonderland, an amusement park for small children in Lancaster, PA, and I had such an easy job (walk child to ride, wait in line, take photos and wave, collect child, repeat) that I could do it while quivering and holding back vomit. And that's precisely what happened. Here are a few of the non-shaky photos.




I think Henry shares my aversion to spinning
















To anyone with kids between 1.5 and 7: Go to Dutch Wonderland. And avoid the Turtle Whirl.

1 comment:

DC MOM/GiGi said...

Isn’t it a “Tilt-A-Whirl”? I actually like them, but can’t stand plunging rides.
Poor Henry, he is soooo scared.
That Frog Hops ride that Elizabeth is in wasn’t one of those, “pull you up into the air and then drop you to the ground” rides was it? I hate those.
A real live princess……
The picture of Henry kissing Mama is one for the wall.
That is a green suited person diving into that pool of water from on high? Something else I couldn’t do, nor bungy jump.
Too bad you couldn’t get someone to snap a shot of the 4 of you as Amish.
Looks like a fun time was had.