Thursday, June 21, 2007

Three Dog Nights

We have been negligent. We apologize. We have been putting the needs of "others" before the needs of you, our dear blog readers.

Those rapscallion "others," by the way, were ewoks.
What can we say? They're cute and live in trees (just like I've always wanted to). Who wouldn't welcome them into their home and bed?

In reality, we were hosts to Jay and Linda's dogs for two weeks. Jay and Linda were off enjoying Greece, while Baci and Dodger enjoyed Pecos's shoddy attempts at hospitality.

The girls were good guests. All five of us peacefully slept in the guest bed, sat on the sofa watching movies, and went on long walks . . . well that's how I like to think of our time together.

Truthfully, most of the time with girls was spent with me working feverishly at the computer while they slept nearby. I did have to pause my work throughout the day to conduct the eight daily dog walks, but that was about all of the sunlight any of us saw. The dogs did enjoy some intermittent humping and barking, so some fun was had.

The girls have now returned to their home and I'm sure Jay and Linda are happy to be with them again. Pecos has resumed his normal schedule of sleeping all day and sleeping all night. I am a little less frantic since my first semester of school is done.


Here is a picture of me the morning after submitting my final project. It seems grad school is not making me prettier; hopefully it is making me smarter.

And as a tease, here's Justin in Budapest after our first foray into dental tourism. Look at those chompers!
Check back for the Budapest blog this weekend.

No comments: