Sunday, August 26, 2007

Technical difficulties update

Apologies for the lack in service, but on my way to a work conference in Nashville last week I had written a blog and picked out (and edited) many nice pictures for everybody to enjoy. While on the plane, I finished them up, saved them on the computer, and put the computer away eager to take it out once again when I got to the hotel and post the heck out of them. However, as chance and the evil gods of air travel would have it, the backpack my computer resided in for my intercontinental flight was too big for the overhead luggage area of my domestic flight, which meant I had to check it and leave it to some big, burly, underpaid, undereducated, drunken, aggressive, and most likely heartbroken TSA guy who no doubt bodyslammed it onto the asphalt tarmac.

Then, to make matters worse, they lost the bag.

Eventually, when I got my bag, the corner of my laptop computer was missing and it no longer turns on. This means, simply, that unless those savvy IM guys at my work can salvage the hard drive, I'll have to recreate my poetry and artwork.

So, as soon as I know, you'll know. Until then, here are some pictures of the Gargurevichs' dogs playing in the snow to tide you over. Oh, and that top picture is me at Frankenstein's Castle, located just 45 minutes from Wiesbaden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry...wasted efforts hurt. The picture of the Berg Frankenstein is good.

Toodles