Friday, May 16, 2008

An placed called "Moron"

We have a good life. Last week work sent me to an air base in southern Spain (called Morón), located 40 miles from Seville, which according to the New York Times, is "A place where flamenco dancers, gypsy street performers and Andalusian cowboys in wide-brimmed boleros still strut in 2,000-year-old plazas shaded by orange trees and palms."

Kate didn't come, unfortunately, because she had a lot of work to do. But I made the most of my time there, partly working and partly marveling at the orange trees, shady palms, and tapas bodegas.
Here's a Photoshop document I'm particularly proud of, showing how our one employee on Morón, Pete Corona, literally wears two hats....working for the Army AND the Navy.
And today we're heading north, for a weekend near the North Sea enjoying the flowers and canals of the lowlands. Tell you about it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you do that picture?? I'm impressed!

DC MOM