Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Elizabeth - Week 2: Out and About

Yesterday marked Elizabeth's two week birthday and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. It was great to have a week at home with Justin to settle into our life together. He is now back at work, but my parents are (thankfully) here to help me out. During the second week of Elizabeth's life, we actually spent a fair amount of time out of the house. We certainly went out far more than I thought we would. As previously mentioned, Elizabeth enjoyed her first game of fetch. She also went to two doctor's appoinments with me, had her first visit to the library, and went to the airport to pick up my folks.
This weekend, we got even bolder, and took Elizabeth on her first out-of-town journey. My parents, Justin, Elizabeth, Pecos and I drove the hour south to enjoy Jay and Linda's hospitality. We had a fabulous Linda-prepared Italian feast on Saturday, went to an awesome brunch on Sunday (Elizabeth's first meal out), and went on a hike on Sunday afternoon.All in all, Elizabeth did very well. She is a very calm baby (until you try to change her diaper) and has yet to make a peep on her many ventures out. Of course, accomplishing this takes careful strategizing and timing, but the process is getting smoother all the time. I think we'll keep her; she's pretty cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she is sleeping so sounds because Obama won. Phew.

DC MOM said...

It was great being there and yes Linda's Sicilian meal was unbelievably delicious.

Love to you all.