Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Elizabeth - Week 3: My girl likes to potty all the time

Thank you, Carole, for the award for shortest post ever. We actually wrote this post earlier this week, but blogger ate it when we published . . . and then scabies consumed our lives.

So, a little late, here is Elizabeth's three week update presented in the forms of likes and dislikes she has made apparent.
Likes-sleeping around. Elizabeth is happiest sleeping on or with other mammals. This has been easy to accommodate as she has six willing grandparents (all of whom she's met) and one furry pup who is willing to oblige.
Dislikes-sleeping alone. Actually, we haven't tested out her willingness to sleep alone, but I am guessing she won't be into it. At night, she sleeps with Justin, Pecos, and me. I'm glad we recently upgraded to a king-sized bed.
Likes-re-experiencing the womb during bath time.
Dislikes-being taken from the bath tub. She usually protests by peeing all over whoever is drying her while screaming like a banshee.
Likes-nursing. Elizabeth is a leisurely diner and spends most of her waking hours, and energy, eating.
Dislikes-being awake and not nursing. She seriously needs to find a hobby.
Likes-being lifted in the air. If Elizabeth is fussing, you can just lift her above your head a few times and she'll settle down. We call this her off button. I'm hoping that it will keep working through adolescence.
Dislikes-my lazy attempts, when my arms have petered out, to fake lifting her above my head by putting upward pressure in her armpits while bouncing her on my knees. She doesn't fall for this trick.
Likes-relieving herself on the changing table. Elizabeth likes to wait until I have a nice clean diaper under her before peeing, or pooing, all over it. We go through a lot of diapers around here.
Dislikes-diaper changes. Elizabeth gets seriously upset during changes, expecially it she's just awakened and is hungry.
Likes-being worn. We have five baby carriers and Elizabeth is a fan. Here's Justin and Barbara with Elizabeth in the Ergo with the infant insert. She's currently hanging out on me in the Ultimate Baby Wrap.
Dislikes-being put in the Ultimate Baby Wrap. Those first few minutes after I put her on are filled with lots of screaming. Then, she settles down, and falls asleep for a few hours.
I would still rate Elizabeth is a fairly easy baby. I'm excited to see her grow and change over the coming weeks.

2 comments:

C+A said...

Award for the shortest blog post ever.

C+A said...

Ah! Cute pic of Pecos and Elizabeth :D