Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy, healthy, and balding

Elizabeth is now two months and four weeks old, and she is doing wonderfully. We took Elizabeth to the pediatrician this week, and she was deemed healthy. She now weighs about 11 pounds 8 ounces and measures at 23 inches long. This puts her at the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Considering she was in the 10th percentile for weight at birth (at 6 pounds 6 ounces), I'm pretty proud of this growth. Elizabeth's been hitting all of her milestones and smiles, coos, and lifts her head very high. She even got a kick out of me playing peak-a-boo with her today. I can't wait for her first laugh.

I, happily, seem to have gotten her on a routine that results in longer naps and an easier time at bedtime. We're only a few days into this new routine, but I'm hopeful that her sleeping will keep getting better.
Also, Elizabeth is officially balding. I noticed a bald patch on the back of her head that made me feel like a bad momma whose baby spends too much time on her back and not enough in my arms, but then I noticed she was thinning up top and on the sides too, so I stopped feeling guilty. I'm curious to see what her hair looks like when it grows back, though I do mourn the loss of her sweet little fuzzy head.

I started working again this week, and it's really nice to be back at it. I spend naps, nights, and nursing times working. I managed to put in 18 hours this week, and it was relatively painless. Though I love staying home with Elizabeth, I've determined I'm not a good housewife (I don't much like cleaning), so it's nice to have a reason not to clean while Elizabeth is sleeping. For me, I think this work/mothering balance is pretty ideal. Overall, I'm happy, very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Peanut outfit! Made me laugh!!:) Also love Peco's protective posture behind her in the first picture. Hopefully her hair will be as thick and beautiful as her mother's!
I miss her terribly!!!!
oma

Anonymous said...

I love how plump she is!! So sweet!