Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A break from our normally scheduled program



I know there are some individuals who read this blog who feel there is too much dog here, but bear with me. If you've been to my parents' house sometime in the last 15 years, you most likely met Barney. Sadly, Barney has eaten his last marshmallow, chased his last rock, and wagged his last wag. Barney passed away Sunday night.

Please give your pets (or someone else's pets) some extra love for me. Pecos seems to think I have already given too much love to him and I have officially infringed on his strict 22-hour a day sleep schedule. I hope all the furry, feathery, and scaly ones in your lives live as long and happy a life as Barney did.

P.S. Liz, is this better than charades or worse?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear daughter. I miss him so much, but as you said I must focus on the good, of which Barney and I had much. Many hours of gardening and rock throwing, much excersise in the field, the reason he made it to almost 15, our trips to the beach, eating bacon cheese burgers and romping in the sound and in the ocean wearing bad looking clothes that I bought for him, and sleeping in the endless beds I made for him. It is just human nature to wish that the "good" never stops. But it must. Love to all of you. DCMOM

Anonymous said...

Love and miss you Barn.

Anonymous said...

Kate (and family),
I am very sorry to hear about Barney's departure. He was an excellent dog with many charming habits. I will personally miss watching him chew on rocks and walk around the house in an old sweatshirt. Later today I will eat some marshmallows in his honor. My condolences,

Liz


P.S. This is slightly better than being told via charades, but it is still very sad.

C+A said...

so sorry to hear about your barney :(
carole

Anonymous said...

Kate and Kathryn,

Truely sorry about Barney's passing!!

He was a very lucky dog to have found doggy heaven on earth with your very compassionate and affectionate family !
Barbara