Friday, August 11, 2006

Hey good lookin', watcha got cookin'


Due to the photo of our kitchen shelves in the previous post, a certain someone, whose name starts with an "L" and ends with an "iz," questioned whether we actually moved to Germany. We had similar kitchen shelves in Chicago (though they were not built in) and this individual is suspect that we would live in consecutive apartments with open kitchen shelving. To prove that we actually live in a different apartment, here are some more pictures of the kitchen. My real reason for posting is that it's the only room where we have put stuff on the walls and I want to show it off.






In other exciting news, there was a fire in our building last night and it was not caused by us and our many transformers. Our downstairs neighbors, who have a reputation of being bad tenants, somehow had a mattress catch on fire on their balcony. No, I don't know why they had a mattress on their balcony, but it's not there anymore. They weren't home, but the firemen came (three trucks worth) and took care of the blaze before any serious harm was done. During this middle of the night emergency, I learned that the one thing I grab before fleeing a fire is Pecos, though I think he would have preferred it if I left him sleeping.

2 comments:

C+A said...

The kitchen is cute! Love it! More pictures :)

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was unable to tell from the picture that these white shelves in a nook in a kitchen with a door to the left, cookbooks on top, and Pecos' eating area underneath were "built-in."