Thursday, December 14, 2006

Week 1: While Kate is away....the boys will play


For those of you who aren't cool and require to be spoon-fed information (much like our current administration, might I add), I will tell you outright that Kate and I are separated. That's right, she flew back to the States to spend time with her "family," while I'm left here all alone to toil and fret about why family is in quotes.

Yes, it's hard to make do when she's around, as many of you already know, thanks to the ceaseless demands ("take out the trash," "wash your own dishes," "why is this pasta on the floor again?") ....but it's even more difficult when you compound the fact that I am a male and, therefore, genetically predisposed to fogging out any nags that would naturally occur in my brain if I weren't.

Not that I'm particularly special in my inability to draw a blank when asked, "what would your mother say about this pigsty?" just that, like most men, I'm challenged when it comes to decorum. Especially when there's no one here to put me on the straight-and-narrow other than Pecos, who, despite his good intentions, couldn't resist having cereal for dinner even if his own mother were there pointing a stern finger at him.

My chromosomal imperviousness to etiquete has led me to enjoy the freedom of such cuisine as well as led me to:


Eat steak and only steak for dinner:










Get in a fight:




















Have this picture taken:

And leave the bathroom dirrrrrrty:

Pecos didn't quite get the "bachelor lifestyle," though, so he ran off to Iowa or somewhere green and flat and had this picture taken on the side of the road by a muddy squirrel friend he made on a freight train headed for San Antone. May the wind be at your back, Pecos!

3 comments:

Kate said...

The way you say "seperated" it makes it seem like I've left you. I think you should clarify that we are seperated by geography, not by marital problems.

I aim to post my own update soon.

Smooches

Unknown said...

Only geography, my love.

Anonymous said...

Too cute Justin.