Thursday, December 21, 2006

Week 2: While Kate is away....the boys are OK


So we’re deep in the heart of week 2 and I’m trying to catch up with my life sans wife – and let me tell you, it ain’t easy.

Just to clarify things, dear readers, I didn’t mean to imply in my last post that my wife left me and the dog to fend for ourselves in this foreign land….I just meant she went home for Christmas to see her family and I didn’t. I’m staying here with my dad and step mom…well, sort of. We’re leaving this Saturday for Istanbul – a sunny, progressive Turkish city that connects both East and West as well as my tummy and Turkish Delights.

I’d like to say that things are sad and lonely when she’s not around, but that’d only be half true. They’ve been sad, lonely, busy, and filled with funny hats.

In the short time that Kate’s been gone, I’ve been able to:

Start reading (and get amazingly frustrated with) Harry Potter in German:















Visit the Wiesbaden Christmas market, twice:



















Win some prizes at work for being awesome:


Hang out with people wearing funny hats:

Put Pec in a funny hat:


Cook like my fridge is gonna die:

Make some awesome stir fry:

Buy (and not hook up correctly) a digital receiver:

Buy a television:



Fall asleep while receiving an award from a very high-ranking military officer:

And be this festive fellow:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter in German???? It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

You are definately the best looking in the military award picture and I love your festive hat, and the food looks delicious.