Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Men in underwear (caution: GRAPHIC IN NATURE)

Although it's not officially recognized, there's a challenge going on here. Or perhaps just a curious and revolting similarity.

Without clarification or purpose, our blog has posted several pictures of me in my underwear. The situations in which these pictures occur have been varied, but most of them have thankfully been humorous in nature (and not for disgusting or intriguing or overtly humiliating purposes). Here’s another one, without basis, of me climbing a door jamb.I must confess, I’m not particularly proud to be seen in my underwear. Especially with my big black work socks on. But it’s such an ordinary occurrence around here that catching me sans pants is probably just as likely as catching me with them. Am I ashamed? A little. But will I continue to do it? Probably.

Be thankful. These pictures have been few and far between. Our old neighbor’s home-owning blog (http://adventuresinhomeowning.blogspot.com/) has many MANY more shots of the hubby in his BVDs. See?
Now, I’m not saying I was intending to compete in the underpants pair-off with Adam. Not by any means. I wouldn’t want to a) embarrass myself anymore than I have to, b) embarrass Adam, c) gross out unsuspecting blog surfers, d) lose any chances at inheritance, e) ruin our political futures, f) all of the above.

In fairness, Pecos is always seen au naturel. Does that indemnify me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the underware and socks. I am most amazed by the door jam talent. I wonder if I can work that into my hip PT? I fear I don't have the upper body strength. Can Kate do that? I guess she would need a ladder to get there first, but could she hang like that? Take a picture of that for me.

Love DC MOM